FOOD Vendor Application
By submitting application you agree to have read all of the information foregoing on this application. Fees are calculated by the number of 10' frontage spaces needed to accommodate your full setup. Space comes with 10' of space behind booth for storage and/or prep. ALL food vendors will be required to have their own food tent(s) with approved environmental health department sidewalls and serving windows. Use of your own food tents, trailers or food trucks must meet the State Fire Marshall Requirements. Food vendors who are selling Asparagus food will be provided a food serving tent if they are placed in Asparagus Plaza, please list Asparagus items below on application.
A non-refundable 50% deposit of the total vendor fee is due upon receiving acceptance letter and invoice via email, confirming acceptance into event to reserve your space. Space is not fully confirmed until full payment, environmental health forms and insurance is received. Balance not paid by 3/25/2024 will forfeit all vendor space(s) and monies paid. Returned checks will be charged $35.00 plus the original check amount. Credit Card chargebacks will exclude you from any future events. Accepted applications without signatures and/or deposits are considered unconfirmed & non-binding. Please keep an eye out in your emails for correspondence from the festival, email@example.com
• ALL FOOD VENDORS MUST HAVE TARPS TO LAY DOWN ON GRASS FOR THEIR DESIGNATED SPACES AS WELL AS FIRE RETARDANT TENTS/CANOPIES WITH THE APPROVED STATE FIRE MARSHALL SEAL.
• Vendor applications are accepted on a first come basis depending upon availability and the item(s) you wish to sell. We limit similar items at the festival. Please email or send a photo of setup and items for purchase if you are a new vendor to firstname.lastname@example.org
• An itemized invoice will be emailed along with any required forms upon application approval.
• Insufficient funds or a declined credit card will VOID this application and placement.
• Environmental Health Forms will need to be emailed to us as soon as possible. We will file for a special event permit for the entire festival and we will provide copies of the EHD forms to them. These forms must be turned in by March 11, 2024.
• We will not have ice on site for sale, as well as soda, water and energy drinks. Food vendors are allowed to sell their own soda, water, energy drinks, but are required to have the same price points for beverages as follows: 16.9oz water bottle $3, 12oz can soda $3, 16oz can energy drink $4
NO Beer, Wine and/or Alcoholic Beverages are allowed.
CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE: Named exactly as stated below:
Certificate Holder: San Joaquin County Fairgrounds, 1658 S. Airport Way, Stockton, CA 95206
Additional Insured: San Joaquin Asparagus Festival, Tony Noceti, That the State of California, the California Fair Services Authority, Noceti Group, Inc., the District Agricultural Association, County Fair, the County in which the County Fair is located, Lessor/ Sublessor if fair site is leased/subleased, Citrus Fruit Fair, California Exposition and State Fair, or Entities (public or non-profit) operating California designated agricultural fairs, their directors, officers, agents, servants, volunteers and employees are made additional insured, but only insofar as the operations under this contract are concerned.
INSURANCE DEADLINE - March 25, 2024: We are required by law to show all vendors as full insured by providing copies the fairgrounds. As of 2023, California Fair Services Authority (CFSA), no longer offers insurance for vendors, you will need to obtain your own insurance.
YOUR LIABILITY & RESPONSIBILITY AT A VENDOR
1. PAYMENTS: We accept all major credit cards, call office to make payment or fill out cc authorization form and email/mail. Make checks payable to: SAN JOAQUIN ASPARAGUS FESTIVAL. A $35 charge is assessed for returned checks and/or declined credit cards. 50% deposit of total fees is due upon acceptance to reserve your space, remaining balance is due by 3/25/24. Balances not paid by 3/25/24 will forfeit reserved vendor space and monies paid.
2. PERMITS: The vendor is responsible for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses to operate and/or sell at this event. Proper permits, licenses and forms must be on display within the vendor’s space.
3. CALIFORNIA RESALE LICENSE: Vendors are responsible for including a copy of their CA Resale License number, this is a must and those who do not comply will not be able to setup at event until the proper paperwork is filed.
4. CALIFORNIA STATE FIRE MARSHALL CODE: Vendors are required to meet the standards as it applies to your tent, trailer, fire extinguisher, etc. Failure to comply may result in closure of your booth. We advise you to refer to the Fire Marshall Regulations for Festival Vendors & Outdoor Cooking Booths on our website - CAL FIRE DOCUMENT.
5. SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT FORM: You are required to meet the San Joaquin County Health Department codes for cooking, serving, screening, warming and sanitation. Health Dept Forms are required and is available on our website, you will email/mail form. San Joaquin Asparagus Festival Vendor Coordinator will file forms for ALL Food Vendors with local health dept. These forms MUST be turned in by 3/11/24.
6. REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations must be given in writing before 3/29/24. Any amount over the 50% non-refundable deposit will be refunded by check within thirty days of notice. There are no refunds or credits given after 3/29/24. There will be no refunds for rain or other act, either man-made or natural.
7. EVENT SECURITY: Event security begins with set-up on Thursday, April 11th through Monday, April 15th. You are advised to secure your space with tarps and clamps or other coverings and/or take items you value out of your space.
8. SETUP & BREAKDOWN: We will not be allowing vehicles onto the property after 10:30am Friday morning. If you have to restock your booth during the event, you will need to use a hand cart or other means of transporting items to booth. Breakdown of your booth(s) is allowed after 8pm on Sunday, April 14th. Vehicles are not allowed onto the grounds until we get clearance from the police that it is safe to do so. Anyone not in compliance may not be considered for future events. Booth MUST be staffed at all times.
9. FULL INFORMATION PACKETS for ACCEPTED VENDORS: Vendors who are PAID IN FULL will be emailed a packet approximately 1-2 weeks before the Event with location maps, full information of setup/breakdown instructions. You will need to visit vendor check-in to obtain your vendor wristbands for event access. (4 Vendor wristbands per 10 feet of paid frontage space per food vendor). Vendor wristbands will also be your parking passes. You will be responsible to purchase additional vendor wristbands if needed for additional staff at $10 each.
10. CONFIRMED VENDORS: Vendors are not fully confirmed until all permits, payments and documents are received by Vendor Coordinator. A vendor may not set up at the Event until all criteria is met.
11. VENDOR ACCEPTANCE & PLACEMENT: Applications received with required deposit and forms, will have priority. Only a limited number of vendors in any one category will be accepted. Decisions are based on, but not limited to, event history, booth appeal and available space. We reserve the right to refuse any vendor.
12. ENFORCEMENT: Decisions made by Tony Noceti, Noceti Group, Inc., San Joaquin Asparagus Festival are final.